Friday, July 19, 2013

This whole blogging thing has got me overwhelmed, but because my mother has asked me to write, I will oblige and make her happy.  To be honest, blogging in Wyoming is a little tricky.  Phone and Internet services is poor so I have to be creative to keep in touch.  Currently I'm at the Buffalo Public Library and my time remaining keeps blinking overhead.  20:53 left and after that I will have to hunt a librarian down to give me another pin or wait in line for another go!

You may be wondering why my title includes the word toilet.  My first entry should be full of smiley faces, LOL's, and cute little emoticons that ooze happiness, satisfaction, and peacefulness.  Although I would love for every entry to emote positivity; however brutal honesty works better for me and will always generate more chuckles in the long run.  So toilet water means that life here is tough.  The last two weeks, I've crawled into bed and cried silent tears while conjuring up plans and schemes to get Mike to take us home.  The girls have really struggled the last couple of weeks with homesickness and I have second guessed my decision several times. 

Finally, on Wednesday I woke up determined to adapt to our new lifestyle with a fervor and an energy that means being productive and plugging myself into the Buffalo social pipeline! (for the Dumb & Dumber lovers) Sure I've enjoyed the sightseeing and the endless beauty that surrounds me, but my mind was always back at home, sort of counting down the days until we get to return.  The librarian has come over to scold me for signing on a second time so I must go.  The girls will be done with VBS and we plan to stop at a local animal shelter to see about volunteering.  Today is a good day!

5 comments:

  1. Liz I love that you are doing a blog. I don't really read anyone's blog but I will read yours! Keep at it fight the homesickness and it will soon pass. You can totally see in your profile description that you are called in this direction, God has great plans for you and your family! The spontaneous adventure junkie in me is so jealous of your life. Blog more so we can all see life through your eyes. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karey,

      Thanks for the words of encouragement :) Again, it was so great seeing you in Cbus. I enjoy reading about your family as well on FB and your blog. Take care...

      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Hi Liz. My wife and I and our two kids (2 and 9)want to live the full-time RV life, but we're still a few years away from doing it. Our preparations though are currently happening. We purchased a home 2 years ago and are thinking of renting it out and then move into an apartment so we can save money and pay off our debt quicker. I'm a police officer so I would pay about $600 a month in rent rather than the $1300 mortgage. We've talked about selling our home, but being so new we would be hoping to break even I think. I always think about how we'll make money on the road. Did you find it difficult to find work and does it give you the time and money to enjoy the RV life? How long do you plan on staying in one place? I look forward to reading your future blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julio! sorry it took me so long to respond, but its difficult to access the Internet where we are currently residing. I guess that's the price you pay for living in beautiful and remote places :)
    We too had a house that prevented us from leaving right away. We finally sold it on land contract back in December. I was a social worker for many years and regretfully had to cash in some of my state retirement to pay off some debt before leaving. We currently earn income through "workamping". We both work (opposite shifts) at a ranch in Wyoming...the ranch pays minimum wage and provides a site with full hookup. Every place is different regarding how they pay you and how rent, utilities, etc. works. I can give you the 2 websites that we use to look for jobs. Happyvagabonds.com and www.work-for-rvers-and-campers.com
    We started here at the ranch June 1st and will be done at the end of September. We are currently interviewing for fall/winter jobs. We have the same days off which lets us enjoy time together as a family. We usually spend our time hiking, camping or sightseeing locally.
    I know some people are lucky enough to travel while earning income remotely, through the Internet and so on, but unfortunately we have to work! :)
    Please keep me updated on your plans. I am very excited for you and your family to start this venture!

    Best regards,
    Liz

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS...liz I have a girlfriend who has a friend who is a homeschool mom who lives about 15 minutes from you. not sure if you are interested in meeting another homeschooling mom depending on where your fall plans are but if you are I'll track down contact info for you. Hugs again. :)- Karey

    ReplyDelete